Crochet Cardinal Applique or Pocket Pal Amigurimi

Today I am going to share my Pattern for the Cardinal Pocket Pal. ***FREE PATTERN***

Monday, March 1, 2021

Craft blog 2/21-2/27

This weeks projects:

Brianna Knit Capelet (COMPLETED)

Firefly Baby Blanket

Intarsia Stripes Shawl 



I finished knitting my Brianna knit capelet on Wednesday. 

    Pattern/Yarn/Needle info and pattern adjustments are located here

Since I am normally wear at least a 3x,  I decided it needed 11 repeats instead of 10.  I only had 1 yard of yarn left so if you are needing a plus size capelet, you may want to get an extra skein to ensure you have enough yarn. 

I will use a pin to keep it closed until I find the perfect buttons.

Final measurements with 11 sequences
        Length - 14.5"
        Neck width- 23"
        Bottom width- 62"

Please leave a comment if you make this item.


On Thursday, I started separating some super bulky cake yarn to make a lighter weight.  I purchased the yarn on sale and realized I don't like working extra bulky yarn.  By separating the strands, I have three balls of bulky (8 WPI) 87 yards each instead of one ball of extra bulky of 87 yards.  I have two cakes each in three different colorways so that will get me 522 yards per colorway.  

Here is the progress on the Firefly Baby Blanket - Progress is slow due to only working on it a few minutes a day during my lunch time.
    Pattern/Yarn/Needle info is located here




I started a knitted shawl with the yarn that I separated earlier this week

Pattern – Free/Paid - Intarsia Stripes Shawl by CathyAnnKnits                                         Free https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutlanderPatterns/permalink/2304962702847817/
(you need to be a member of the Outlander Pattern Central group on Facebook to get the free pattern)
               Yarn –   Brand - Lion Brand Mandala Thick & Quick
                            Colorway – Garden Maze/ 215
                            Yardage – 2 cakes – 5.3oz/87X3 yards per skein - Since I split the yarn into individual strands - I have balls of 87 yards each per cake (total yardage - 522 yards)
               Needle size – 8.00 mm

Adjustments
    The pattern calls for 603 yards of worsted weight using 5mm needles.  Since my yarn is bulky, I am going to try it with larger needles and less yarn.  Hopefully the shawl will be big enough.
  I am following the Two Color pattern but I don't have any color changes since I am using a color changing yarn.  rows 9-XX - I repeated rows 7&8 until I had 64 loops on needle  then I skipped to the short row decrease section.




Disclaimer

You may not copy and paste, re-post, or reproduce ANY part of the information contained herein electronically, verbally, written or otherwise, including translations.

I receive no compensation for mentioning any websites, patterns, or brands unless otherwise noted within blog.

All photos are my own and are not authorized for use by anyone other than myself

Find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter - like my page and share pictures of items that you have created.

Instagram    https://www.instagram.com/greenacrescreations
Twitter         http://twitter.com/Greenacrescrea1
Facebook   https://www.facebook.com/pg/greenacrescreation/about/
Ravelry       https://www.ravelry.com/designers/kendra-ohern

Kendra OHern

Green Acres Creations






No comments:

Post a Comment