Crochet Cardinal Applique or Pocket Pal Amigurimi

Today I am going to share my Pattern for the Cardinal Pocket Pal. ***FREE PATTERN***

Friday, October 23, 2020

Nylon Kitchen Scrubbers


FREE PATTERN for my Nylon Kitchen Scrubbers



I think these are the best kitchen scrubbers ever.  Even my Hubby likes them and he hates everything - He should be named Mickey.  I made these scrubbies for years and he wouldn’t use them because he liked his “green kitchen pad”.  Then one day he ran out of “green kitchen pads” and asked if he could use one of my homemade scrubbies.  He hasn’t used a “green kitchen pad” since.  

I use mine mainly for pots and pan. You can also use them as veggie scrubbers. I also keep one in the bathroom and use in place of a loofa on my feet and elbows.

I make my kitchen scrubbers double sided and use narrower netting strips them most.  



Here is what you will need

Nylon netting 1" to 1.5" strips (approx. 20yards per scrubby) - I buy 40 yard spools and cut 1” sections. - I can get 2 scrubbies from each section - make sure you use NETTING not TULLE

Hook size G- 4mm


Stitches used - US Terms
Mc - Magic Circle - use the regular not double
Sc - Single Crochet
Dc - Double crochet
Slip stitch
Ch2 counts as double crochet


Round 1: Make a magic circle with 4" tail, Sc 9 in Mc, slip stitch in first sc - carefully pull circle closed - don't pull to tight or netting will break.  Crochet over tail in next round - Do not cut - You will tie off

at end. (9 sc)

Round 2: Ch 2, dc in same stitch, 2dc in each dc around, slip stitch to top of beginning chain (18dc)

Round 3: Ch 2, dc in same stitch, *2dc in next stitch, dc in next stitch* repeat between ** around ending with 2dc in last stitch, slip stitch to top of beginning chain - (28dc)

Round 4:  Ch 2, *2dc in next stitch, dc in next stitch* repeat between ** around ending with 2dc in last stitch, slip stitch to top of beginning chain -  (42dc)

Finish off leaving a 4" tail


Repeat Rounds 1-4 for second side - do not finish off

With wrong sides together, tie the tails together in simple knots. Sc or slip stitch around through both layers. Make sure all tails are in between the two sides. Finish off with a small knot and pull tail into the middle of the scrubber.


I buy my spools from ebay - search for nylon netting spools.

You can also buy netting by the yard from a bolt at most craft stores if you cannot find the spools.



I hope you enjoy these scrubbers.  Please feel free to leave me a comment.


Disclaimer

You may not copy and paste, re-post, or reproduce ANY part of the information contained herein electronically, verbally, written or otherwise, including translations.

You may make and sell products from my patterns, but I ask that you reference Green Acres Creations

If you have any questions regarding these patterns or find any errors, please contact me via email at greenacrescreation@gmail.com or send me a Facebook message at @greenacrescreation

Please find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter - like my page and share pictures of items that you have created.


Kendra OHern

Green Acres Creations



No comments:

Post a Comment